COGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COGS

The forum for COGS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Championship Ideas

Go down 
2 posters

What car would you like to see as the main championship
Abarth
Championship Ideas Vote_lcap0%Championship Ideas Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
F1800
 0% [ 0 ]
F2000
Championship Ideas Vote_lcap25%Championship Ideas Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Ftarget
Championship Ideas Vote_lcap50%Championship Ideas Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
KS2
Championship Ideas Vote_lcap25%Championship Ideas Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Osella
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Vermingti

Vermingti

Championship Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Championship Ideas   Championship Ideas EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 am

Hey guys,

Gustavo and I have been toying with some ideas for 2012 championship(s) and were wondering what you think of the options. For definate the races will be run on weekends 2 weekends of every month so there will be 2 weekends in a month free from C.O.G.S Razz with practice servers up during the week before the race and qualy being on saturdays for an hour and a half and 2 races on sunday which will both be between 10-20 laps each depending on the length of the track so there would be a reverse grid for race 2.

So schedule for a month would look like:

Weekend 1: No racing
week leading to weekend 2: Practice Servers
Weekend 2: Sat: Qualy Sun: Race1 + Race 2
Weekend 3: No racing
Week leading to weekend 4: Practice Servers
Weekend 4: Sat: Qualy Sun: Race1 + Race 2

Now we want to run 2 championships as well, the idea being one championship using alot of cars in netkar, like the F1800, F2000, Ftargets and Abarth - so you would need to adapt to a different car each round of the championship with the eventual winner proving that they can master all classes of car. and the 2nd championship being a one make series either, Ftarget, F2000, KS2 or Osella. This way Championship 1 could run on one weekend and championship 2 on another, of course all drivers will be allowed to compete in both if they want too or can compete in one or the other if they prefer.

One idea we had from Hermie was to follow a race calender from one of the real life championships, not in terms of dates but just track order. which is a good idea since alot of tracks are available in Netkar.

So really a couple of questions for you guys:

What cars would you like to use in a one make championship? - Poll added please vote
How many races would you like to see in each series (we want it to be longer than the christmas cup) maybe 6-8 tracks for both? more or less?
Would weekend racing be more suitable for you?
Any tracks you would like to see or would following a calender be better?
Any ideas or improvements you can think of?

My main hope is having the races on the weekend will allow more people to race, I am thinking the same times as the X-mas cup with races starting at 19:00GMT

Personally I love the F2000 and Ftarget Razz so one of those will get my personal vote Very Happy ( but I wont be racing I will be camera man for the livestream in 2012 with Kristian and Gustavo racing for Vermin in C.O.G.S.)

I hope that everyone that raced in the X-mas cup will return for 2012's season of racing and hopefully seeing some new faces or people who couldnt make the races turning up.

Thanks guys, lets have an awesome 2012 Very Happy

Tip

Back to top Go down
http://www.verminracing.weebly.com
kibokin

kibokin

Championship Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship Ideas   Championship Ideas EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:35 am

Vermingti wrote:

One idea we had from Hermie was to follow a race calender from one of the real life championships, not in terms of dates but just track order. which is a good idea since alot of tracks are available in Netkar.

This might be a good idea to get people to join the championship, I noticed during the last year, that everytime there was a race in Formula 1, there were servers in Netkar with the same track. and they were very populated. A league which matches the F1 tracks could maybe attract people. But the car doesn't have to be the KS2 IMO.

The idea with 2 seasons, one with rotating cars, sounds good to me.

For the one-car championship, i'd like the Ftarget or the Osella.

Maybe we could do 1 championship only on weekends, and the other one midweeks similar to the xmas cup, so theres enough race action throughout the week Very Happy.

Personally I'd prefer only 1 race per track. so you need to focus on not making a mistake because there's no second chance.

Back to top Go down

Championship Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COGS :: C.O.G.S. Championships :: Suggestions-
Jump to: